Policy StatementThis event is being organised by a local committee of musicians and jazz fans.
Our aim is to promote jazz on the Isle of Wight. Members of the committee will not receive any financial reward. Inspected accounts will be made available on request.
The committee will cover the cost of the main venues and headline acts. This will be funded by sponsorship, ticket sales and other fund-raising activities.
Any subsequent profits will go towards funding future events.
We will encourage other performances during the period. However, we will not act as agents. It will be the responsibility of the performers and venues to negotiate between themselves.
click here to hide
Terms and Conditions
- Newport Jazz Weekend regrets that all venues, timings, and line-ups may be subject to change and/or cancellation. Any change or cancellation will be announced at the venue, on our website and social media, and, sadly, perhaps without compensation.
- It is the ticket holder's responsibility to check that the Jazz Weekend or any particular part of it has not been partially or wholly cancelled or rescheduled. If this happens we will tell you as soon as reasonably practicable on our website and social media and/or at the venues.
- Newport Jazz Weekend cannot refund money or exchange tickets, except in the case of a cancelled performance.
- Newport Jazz Weekend regrets that any tickets unclaimed or seats not taken within 30 minutes of the scheduled start of the performance may be released and re-sold.
- In the case of fully sold-out concerts, returns will be offered for re-sale on the day at the venue from the time of the scheduled start of the concert and for the next 30 minutes. The box office will then close.
- Under no circumstances are Newport Jazz Weekend tickets to be offered for resale above their face value.
- Right of Admission reserved - Newport Jazz Weekend reserves the right to refuse admission or eject a ticket holder.
- No animals (except guide/assistance dogs) are permitted into any Newport Jazz Weekend venue.
- Neither Newport Jazz Weekend nor the venue shall have any further liability beyond the face value of the ticket purchased plus the relevant Administration Fee.
- Photographic, video or audio reproduction of artists is prohibited without prior written permission from Newport Jazz Weekend.
- Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of the actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising and/or exploitation of any photos, film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element in any/all media throughout the world.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice and at our sole discretion.
If you have special needs, including access, or want to be accompanied by your assistance animal, please contact the venue directly (details on our web site). Some venues have limited resources, so please give them a chance to help you by contacting them well in advance.click here to hide
Newport Jazz Weekend 2017 - Update
We are delighted to announce that the National Youth Jazz Orchestra (NYJO) will be the headline act of Newport Jazz Weekend 2017. Their full big band will play on Sunday 4 June at Medina Theatre.
The remainder of our line-up features, as in previous years, the very best of UK Jazz. There are some new names, some familiar names and the very best of local talent both on the main bill and within the fringe events. We will host another jazz tuition course at Christ the King College on 31 May and 1 June, and the festival itself will start on 1 June with a concert by the students from that course, and will end with the award-winning Liane Carroll trio on the Sunday evening.
Full details of venues and ticket prices will be displayed very shortly, and tickets will be on sale in February. Here are the main acts for each day:
Thursday 1 June
Students and Tutors concert
The Isle of Wight Suite - Nick Page Quintet
Friday 2 June
Nate Najar Trio
The Savoy Collection (from the Syd Lawrence Orchestra)
Saturday 3 June
Jazz Brunch - Liz Fletcher Quintet with Alan Barnes and Nikki Iles
Derek Nash Quintet with Martin Shaw
Nigel Price and Vasilis Xenopoulos Quartet
Nikki Iles and Stan Sulzmann
The Alleycats with Gary Plumley, Martin Shaw and Derek Nash
Sunday 4 June
Jazz Brunch - David Newton and Alan Barnes
NYJO Big Band
Jazz Dinner - Sandy Suchodolski Trio
Liane Carroll trio
Please email us at email@example.com
to join our mailing list and to receive regular updates. Please check this website regularly between now and June 2017 for all updates and information.
NJW Event Director